Friday 11 January 2013

Storyboarding with Niall Laverty

Well, after a short holiday back in South Africa I have returned to wintry Denmark with a tan I can't even show off since I have to wear warm clothes all the time.

Nonetheless, we started our second semester at TAW with full steam and our first week has been an absolute blast. Storyboarding is not something that I thought I would enjoy, but I think it might just be one of my favourite things that I've done here so far. Paying attention to filmic techniques and composition while drawing lots of little frames is great fun and I had a blast working with Lasse on our storyboard, which you can see below.


Champion of the World Storyboard from John Obi-Wan Muller on Vimeo.

We also did a lot of gesture drawing this week to try and enhance our poses. We modelled for each other in class which was a nice change to regular croquis drawing. All of these are 1 minute drawings.




All in all an awesome week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment